Renew your aid

How to Renew Your Aid

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

Undocumented Students

International Students

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

Current students returning to Duke for 2017-18 should complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile to renew their aid. For 2017-18, you will not need to submit new tax information if you have already provided your 2015 taxes to our office.

Both the FAFSA and CSS Profile for 2017-18 are available to be filed online now, and the priority deadline to each year will be the first business day in January.  After that time, we will continue accepting applications on a rolling basis.

Steps to Renew Your Aid for 2017-18:

Step 1: File the FAFSA


Step one

Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at and have the results sent to Duke.  

Step 2: Complete the CSS PROFILE


Step two

Complete the CSS PROFILE. When answering the questions, please use your 2015 tax information.


Step 3: Check your DukeHub To-Do List

Step three

Keep an eye on your DukeHub To-Do list and Duke email account in case our office has any additional requests for information from you. 

And that’s it! Unlike previous years, you will not need to send documents to the College Board IDOC service unless specifically notified by our office to do so. 

Undocumented Students

To renew your aid, you will need to complete the CSS Profile for 2017-18 online. If you submitted 2015 tax or income information to our office in 2016-17, you will not need to submit any additional documentation. Simply complete the CSS Profile, and your application will be complete.

The priority deadline for completing your renewal CSS Profile for 2017-18 was January 3rd, but our office will continue accepting applications on a rolling basis. 

International Students

International students currently receiving aid will have their financial aid automatically renewed, and you do not need to reapply. Each year, new financial aid notifications will be available in the first week of April.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

Note: International applicants admitted with "no financial aid interest" are ineligible to apply for financial aid for any year of undergraduate study.  There are no need-based or merit scholarships available for international transfer students.